Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New Occupants

The residence next to my woodpile has new occupants.  The family moved in mid-February and consists of two parents and three young boys.

The father initially had me on alert.  He has the mad-scientist/ terrorist look with dark hair and a beard.  His lanky appearance reminded me somewhat of Dr. Doofenshmirtz.  When I discovered the following picture on their home computer I was quite excited that I may have finally found my very own nemesis:

But curse Perry the Platypus and his fame... they were merely pretending to be characters from his reality TV show for Halloween!  After carefully following the father for several weeks I discovered he is quite harmless and actually helpful to the humans in the area.  His work as a transfusion medicine physician reminds me a bit of a vampire so his alias shall be...

Dr. Carlisle Cullen from the Twilight Series

The mother is the biggest threat to my secret identity.  She notices me out the sliding glass door as she works in the kitchen.  I have often scurried into the woodpile just in time to escape the lens of her camera.  She has also disturbed the concealment of my woodpile entrance by removing many dead leaves and sticks, which had been left by the former occupants.  Her effort continues throughout the yard, ruining many of my hiding places.  I will admit the yard is starting to look prettier though and I do enjoy the new mulch in the flower beds.  The mother seems to love reading so I will give her the alias of a character from a book.  I especially appreciate the humor in my choice since her family consists of 3 boys, not 4 Little Women.
Marmee from Little Women
The children are full of energy.  While amusing to watch I must keep hidden when they are around to avoid being struck accidentally by a soccer ball or approached as if I were a pet.  I have often caught them dancing and singing to songs performed by my famous cousins... The Chipmunks, so their aliases shall be based from this musical group of brothers.
Far Left Theodore (almost 2 years old), Middle Simon (6 years old), Far Right Alvin (almost 4 years old)



My surveillance of this family shall continue, and then I will report my further findings via my Chipmunk Files.

1 comment:

  1. Super imaginative.... I always thought of my brothers as the chipmunks and I'm sure you can guess which was which!! Can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete